Dating from 1729, this mill brings back the atmosphere and spirit of a bygone era. It was built along a millstream, a second branch of the Ourthe River that created an island (Île de l’Oneux) right in the heart of the village.
At the time, it was a seigneurial mill, and local inhabitants were required to have their grain milled at the Lord’s mill. This obligation came with a tax known as the milling fee, calculated according to the quantity of grain milled.
The mill remained in operation until the early 1960s. It bears the name of its last owner, Mr Lucien Faber. In 1989, it became the property of the municipality of Hotton.
The mill was listed as a protected monument in 1948 by the Royal Commission for Monuments and Sites.