Castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne
Lavaux : nature, history and heritage
The Castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne is listed as Exceptional heritage of Wallonia. It is one of WalloniaÆs most famous buildings, as well as well-known symbol of the Famenne area.
While strolling through the Castle, you can sometimes hear echoes from the castleÆs eventful pastà
A couple of the castle's highlights:
- the footpath around the moat that will also take you alongside the deer park.
- Discover the inside of the fortress; you can visit the castle from top to bottom, from cellar to dungeon!
- The Museum of the Lords of Lavaux during the 17th centuryá: see how they enjoyed life in their luxurious surroundings.
- The first floor hosts the Nature museum, and exhibits an impressive collection of stuffed animals that demonstrate the variety of the fauna in the Famenne.
- The museum in the castle cellars evokes rural life in the Famenne area through typical 19th century customs, everyday objects, and celebrations.
- Our wetland, a natural shelter for all kinds of animal species, is protected by the Walloon government as a natural area of 'great biological interest'. It is dotted with information panels packed with interesting facts.
- Children will be disguised as princesses or knights, to make the adventure even more exciting!
The idyllic setting of the castle makes it the ideal venue for weddings, seminars and other celebrations. Please feel free to contact us for more information about our meeting rooms and banqueting halls.
More information? Take a quick peek at our website: www.chateau-lavaux.com